It's been a very busy week so I haven't managed much on the crafting front. Emma, my daughter and I had some fantastic news from Docrafts this week but I'm going to keep you in suspense for a little while longer.
The only thing I have made this weekend was for Docrafts Katy's challenge this week. The inspiration this week was a photo so I decided to take the blue colour and the shoes to make a shoe fund terramundi-type pot from an empty jam jar.
Et voila . . .
I started by covering the main body of the jar with pale blue vellum. I used double-sided tape to attach things to the glass. As I had thrown away the original lid from the jar, I then made a lid from glittery Burleigh Blue Capsule Paperazzi. I reinforced the opening with card on the inside to avoid tears. I then cover the joins on the angled part of the jar with a couple of daisy chains, ribbons and a bow from the same range. The bottom frill was Burleigh Blue 12 x 12 paper using the scalloped blade on the Woodware paper trimmer . The letters were diecut using the Xcut Smoothie alphabet and the shoes using the Quikcutz dies: both were cut from the Papermania Paperazzi and handmade papers for extra bling.
Hope you like this project and it's much cheaper than shop brought terramundis
More news and makes soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment