Friday, 4 January 2013

A tag and an easel card

Well, I did my tidying up and found the Craftwork Cards Pink Paislee Prairie Hill Tag book kit that I hadn't got around to trying so ...
It's hard to see from the photo but I used the Spray and Sparkle aerosol on the flower. I learnt the hard way that I should have sprayed it in the back garden as the smell lingered for ages and gave everyone a headache. Oh well, the flower looks very nice. For the butterfly I inked the edge and used glitter glue for a slightly different effect..

This afternoon I downloaded the Vintage Notes papers from the Docrafts website and decided to use the daily sketch in a combined project. I made an easel card with a woven background made from strips cut from the floral downloads from a couple of weeks ago. Here's the result ...
I used a couple of smaller plain doileys raised up on foam pads to support the easel  but wish now that I had made the pink doileys on the main part of the card more obvious either by inking the edges or mounting them of a different colour. That's a couple of lessons I've learned today so my projects can only get better.

See you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment