This is an 8 x 8 card with a white embossed frame which is
edged in red chalk mounted on red paper. The recess of the frame is filled by
printed kraft card with a message band and message. The mannequin is wearing a
sparkly red dress and a festive ribbon shawl. All the aforementioned products
from Craftwork Cards. The presents have a Papermania bow and tags and the
pearls and gems are Anita's. The snowflakes were made using 2 different x-cut
punches.I'm still debating with myself whether it's a bit too busy.
Next I started to go through the boxes of goodies I purchased in the CC sale. I found the birds and trees templates and thought "I'll have a go with this." After 10 minutes of starring at the template I decided to have a look at the CC gallery for inspiration and sure enough that worked. I found a lovely card to copy ... and adapted it. I used the papers from the Warren decoupage pads which were in my lucky dip bag - I couldn't believe the amount of things in the first one I ordered so I ordered another one and it was just as good and completely different. Anyway, here is the card made in my favourite colour combination . . .
This afternoon I was still struggling for inspiration until I logged on to the Docrafts website and watched the latest edition of Creativity TV. Jo Austin demonstrated how to make a neat little accordion box for storing things or to fill with cards to give as a gift. Needless to say that was all I needed as an excuse to spend the rest of the afternoon crafting.
Tomorrow is now sorted as I will have to make a selection of 4 x 4 cards to fill the box. So on that note I'm off to bed so that hopefully I will wake up inspired in the morning.



No comments:
Post a Comment