Thursday, 10 January 2013

Two Floral Wreaths

Well that's me finished my working week. It's great being part-time ... except on pay day! Anyway had a bit of time on my hands today so I decided to have a go at the flower wreaths that I brought when I visited the show at the SECC back in October. I had seen some of the finished projects on the Craftwork Cards (CC) website and blog and felt a bit unsure as to whether my crafting skills were up to the task. However, I don't think I did too badly.

The first one was made using the Elegant flowers and papers pad. The flowers don't look very impressive when you pop them out but are easily transformed using a little shaping, layering and "Spray and Sparkle". Fortunately I have a great stash of ribbons and managed to find some matching organza to tie in. Here is the finish project.



I was so pleased with the finished project that I decided to make another one since, as you know, once I try something I like to have a few goes just to prove I've got the hang of it! I had brought some of the Very Merry Festive flowers in the CC sale - bargain at 36 for just £1.00. I layered these up in the same way, sprayed them with sparkle and then fixed them to the wreath. I like this one even better but I think that's because of the colours. What do you think?


Well that was a very satisfying days work so I'm off to do some housework now so that I can have a day out with my daughter tomorrow before she goes back to uni at the weekend.

Look forward to sharing some more creations next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment