Sunday, 13 January 2013

Floral cards

I just love these flowers from Craftwork cards (CC). I uploaded my wreaths to my Docrafts gallery and got a lot of lovely comments from folk who obviously hadn't found the site so were impressed by my efforts. I have just ordered my new kits which are this months club project so have decided to amuse myself with something different until the arrive.

I have stayed with the flowers theme as there were several sheets of the smaller flowers in the goody bags and pads which I purchased in the CC sale. The first one was using the Candy Cane pad combined with a frame from the embossed white pad ...
First job was to make up a selection of flowers from the pad. I used the unglittered ones from the Candy Cane pad and then added "spray and sparkle" once they were layered up. I alternated flowers with raised centers with flatter ones with candi centres. The flowers are mounted on a frame from the white embossed pad which I edged with red chalk. I used a 6x6 card and double mounted a piece of gold pearlised paper and then some red paper from the pad.. I then mounted the message band and tag on to a piece of gingham paper and then stuck this in the centre of the card. I then added the frame. I stuck it flat so that the card will still go into an envelope. Finally I cut some corners from gold mirri card to finish. Although the message is generic I think this card has a distinctly Christmas feel to it.

The second card was based around the more subtly coloured flowers which came from the various CC goody bags I have brought over the last month or so.
This card is similar to the first one but I used a smaller white embossed frame which meant that I needed less flowers. I used less of the spay on the flowers this time as the background was one of the glittered bohemian papers so it was very glitttery. I blocked out the centre of the frame with a non-glittered paper from the Bohemian pad just to bring the focus back to the flowers. The butterfly is from my wedding table confetti which was chalked to match the colour scheme of the card.

The final card is my favourite. I made up some more of the flowers planning to make another frame/wreath card. When the flowers were finished I decided to try something different ...
 I punched 9 scalloped squares from the white embossed card with a flower motif. I then arranged these in a grid and added a flower to each. I used the paper from the Bohemian pad as a background and added a message tag. The final step was to add a faux stitched border.

Well I had had great fun this weekend. I could make these flowers all day so be don't surprised if they turn up in some more projects in the future. My daughter has also pinched a few and has made a lovely keepsake box which she will upload to her blog later this evening. Take a look at eatsleepandcraft.blogspot.com.

More crafty ideas next week. Until then, happy crafting. X

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ann

    Here I am popping over to say hi to you in blogland!!! Lovely blog, fabulous makes from your wreaths, to the paper weaving to the Xmas cards - love them all!!

    If you add the gadet "followers" to your side bar people can start to follow you (if that is what you would like of course - how rude of me to assume that!!!)

    Anyway take care and catch up soon.

    Tina
    XXX

    ReplyDelete