Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Happy New Year

Well that's another year over and as usual I'm playing catch up. Made some Xmas tree themed cards with the intention of entering the Craftwork Cards (CC) competition and then my daughter went on the blog and discovered she'd won even before I'd got around to uploading mine. So here's a private viewing.

The first one has a woven background again - sorry still haven't quite got it out of my system. The trees are inverted bunting (CC) and the snow is a page in the embossed white pad (CC) which I have layered and used foam squares under the center of the top layer and glued the straight edges to give some dimension. The snowflakes are an X-cut punch with a pearl gemstone in the middle.

I liked the effect of the trees so had another go. This time I used so printed Kraft card (CC) as the background and added one of the embossed frames from the white pad (CC). I found a matching message tag in the Warren range (CC) and a bow from Papermania Portabello Road to finish the project off.


For the final one was quite similar to the first but this time I used a die cut Xmas tree.
Not sure which one I would have entered but it's a mute point now !

Having failed at that mission I returned to safe territory ... yep, you guessed ... the woven backgrounds.
This time I decided to have my first go at the flowers in the Craftwork Cards goody bags. I'd watched the video and the made it look so simple. Well, here's the result.

Had so much fun that I decided to try another one. This time using a birdhouse topper . . .
Well that's me up-to-date now. Off to tidy up all the bargains I purchased in the Craftwork Cards clearance as they will be returning to work tomorrow and hopefully all the stuff I ordered in the Boxing Day Sale will be dispatched and will arrive by the weekend.

I think my New Year's resolution is going to have to be to stop buying craft stuff as if I live to be 100 I don't think I'll use up all the stuff I already have. Not sure how long that one will last . . . watch this space :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment