I started with some of the Docrafts Creativity Club Floral downloads as one of the paper had patterned stripes which were a good width to work with.This was the result. And since I had some strips left . . . I made another one.
The little butterflies were a great find. Believe it or not it was a packet of wedding table confetti I found at Dobbies garden centre. The packet contains hundreds of butterflies in 3 different designs that can be coloured with inks to match in with your projects.
With lots of folk to thank, I then remembered that the Papermania Capsule collection papers had a couple of striped papers in each pack so I hunted through my boxes and discovered lots of different colours that I could try. I also realised that using a background paper with small dots on makes in a lot easier to line up the strips evenly. The next two days were spent making a whole series of cards in various colourways for all my friends and relations who had generously given us Christmas gifts.
The final one was inspired by the packaging on a bath gift set. I often get inspiration from strange places but a corrugated tag has to rank up there with the strangest ;-) Anyway, this was the card that resulted . . .
Well that's all from me for today. Have survived my first attempt at blogging so I can now pretend I'm hip and trendy. You can see more of my creations in the Docrafts gallery where I am known as kINGFISHER (no surprise there then).




No comments:
Post a Comment