Friday, 8 February 2013

Love is in the Air

It's been a while since I've blogged but that's because although I've been really busy crafting my projects from last weekend remain "Top Secret". The reason is that my daughter, Emma, and I have been asked to appear in the May edition of Docrafts Creativity magazine. Last weekend we spent a hectic time making projects to be featured on the "Talent Spot" page so if you want to see what we've been up to you'll have to wait I'm afraid.

Today is a special day for a couple of people I know so early this week I made cards for them. First up is a card made for my friend John who is an avid bird-watcher. I always struggle with cards for males but this one was easy using the Craftwork Cards birds and trees template and the double-sided papers from the Warren decoupage pad.
The second birthday girl is my Aunt Mavis and I have gone back to my favourite weaving theme to create this card for her.
Finally, today's project was a Valentine's Day card for my husband. I created this card using the Docrafts Creativity Club download papers called Love - Red and Love - Pink. I used one of my 6 x 6 stepper cards; a bundle bargain  from the Craft Superstore website. I did the ripped, ink edge on the papers and then mounted them on plain red card. I cut two large hearts; 1 in shimmer card which I then embossed and the other in one of the papers. I cut out some of the words from the red paper and mounted these on foam pads to give dimension. I added two smaller hearts to represent our daughters. The important thing to remember with  a stepper card is that it works flat and opened.So here's the finished card . . .


 I guess this is where I find out whether my husband secretly reads my blog!

Until next time. X

No comments:

Post a Comment