Monday, 3 June 2013

Birthday cards for friends and colleagues

Lots of birthdays this month as well as a few people leaving work having taken voluntary severance; so plenty to keep us busy.
The first card was for a birthday at  the end of May but I had to delay posting it in case the recipient viewed my blog and got a sneak preview. My friend is an avid gardener so the new 'Home to Nest' range from Docrafts was perfect. I bought the A4 Ultimate die-cut and paper pack and used the seed packet paper, one of the message tags and one of the die-cut toppers. One the inside of the card I used one of the pages from the notelets that came free with the Creativity magazine this month.

The second card was a request from  my colleagues at work for a card to help another colleague celebrate a special birthday later this month. As there are a lot of folk to sign this one I went for an A4 card. The inspiration for this card was the cherry blossom paper from the Lucy Cromwell A4 Ultimate die-cut and paper pack. I then used the Spellbinders  matching dies to cut some additional embellishments which I finished of by inking the edges and adding a pearl from the Anita wheel. The numbers were created using the Papermania typographical stamps on to two different colours of textured card. I embossed the lighter color ones using a floral folder and then lightly inked them. The frame was from the Craftwork Cards white embossed pad which was a inked around the edge to tie it in. 

That's all for this week.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment