Bit of a busy week so not much time to craft. I made up for it this weekend though with three cards to show you. I started out by having a go at making some Candi flowers. A friend at work has a birthday at the start of June and she loves animal print so each year I try and create something for her with an animal print theme. This year I had a lot of animal print Candi so I decided to have a go at making some flowers with it. As usual I got carried away and made several in the different prints that I had.(Hold this thought as it will be put to good use later!) My original plan was to make a floral arrangement with them but then I remembered that I had also got a handbag template in the Craftwork Cards sale . . . what better for an ex-model! In anticipation of this annual challenge I had also purchased a DCWV pad called Safari Chic when it appeared in a Craft Superstore sale so this was also put to good use.
Here is the resulting easel card . . .
Here is the detail of the tassel which I again made with matching candi and a couple of small clear beads.
Also this week I took delivery of the new Tea Dance kit from Craftwork Cards. I love anything musical and so these papers really appealed. I also took the opportunity to use my new flower punch to make some extra flowers although I did use some of the ones that came in the pack.
Here is a close up of the large flower so you can see the sparkle
Finally I decided to use some of the bits and pieces laying on my craft table and came up with this card . . .
The shaped background piece was removed from a photo card I made last week and the flowers were the extra ones I mentioned earlier so this was a pretty quick make!
No comments:
Post a Comment