Another week has flown by but, as this is a bank holiday weekend and I have an extra day off, I have given myself so time out to craft. But first my VERY EXCITING NEWS. My daughter, Emma, and I were featured in the Talent Spot feature in the new edition of Creativity magazine. You can find us on page 46/47.
But back to the job in hand ... My friend Angie has a significant birthday coming up next month so I decided to make her card so that I'll have time to get it signed by all her friends at work. This 8 x 8 was created using mostly Craftwork Cards products. I started by making up some flowers from the Sugerplum pad. I used one of the papers from the pad for the background and inked the edges to tone in with the backing card. I also inked the edges of a white border. The message and band were from the new Macaroon goody box. The large numbers were created using the Papermania Typography stamps - each number was stamped twice once on the pink glitter paper and once on the texture card. The two images were then cut out and stuck together slightly offset. Finally I added the butterfly which was part of a Kanban paper pack that I picked up on sale at the RSPB shop and some Docrafts pearls and Shimmer Domes to add a bit of bling. Et voila ...
And a close up of the beautiful flowers ...
I hope you can see the Spray and Sparkle.
My second project this weekend was the Floral Heart Easel kit also from Craftwork Cards. This card looked awesome and I love making up the layered flowers. I was a bit surprised that there were no instructions - just a picture of the finished product - but since I have made the flowers before I started by making up the 15 large flowers needed for the card. This was when I came across problem number two; there were not actually enough flowers in the kit to make the number of flowers required as per the enclosed picture. Luckily I had some of the same flowers from goody bags that I had previously brought and managed to create enough flowers to complete one of the two card blanks.


Whilst I waited for the Spray and Sparkle to dry I worked on the rest of the card. I started by covering the card with the paper provided and then started on the base of the project. I found this very difficult as it was tricky to see from the picture how to go about this so I ended up having to improvise. I managed to add the pleated ribbon which acts as a support for the easel part of the card when it is open. I then added a message and cut some hearts from some of the leftover small flowers to tie in with the larger flowers. I managed to make a small pocket and create some small flowers to sit inside it and again decorated it with a couple of hearts.
By now the large flowers were dry and ready to be stuck on to the heart frame to complete the project.
I am sure that you will agree that the finished project is stunning. The remaining card blank will definitely be a challenge though as I have one and a half sheets of 12 x 12 Bohemian paper, a small length of the beige ribbon, some tags, some small flowers but no large ones, a length of twine and a pack of mini candi. I think I will have to do something completely different so it will be interesting to see the end result.
Watch this space!
No comments:
Post a Comment