So, I was spoiled for choice but in the end I decided to try one of the birdhouse shaped cards from Craftwork Cards (CWC). I had seen some really lovely examples in the CWC gallery and blog so I have brought some of the card blanks in the sale.
I started by covering the card in the new Forever Friends paper, Kraft Notes. I then trimmed the bottom and edge of the roof with a contrasting card and then inked the edges. I cut out and inked the circle it but I was not happy with the result so I covered it up with a scalloped circle with a plain circle cut out to give the entrance a fancy edge.
Next I cut out some birds in contrasting papers but they didn't show up enough so I used some plain kraft card and again inked the edges. I then found the branch which I had cut out a few weeks ago (when I was trying out my new Spellbinders dies) and positioned it so that I could perch the birds on it. I also cut out one of the hearts and raised it up using a foam pad. The love nest sign was made from the FF paper with inked edges. The letters are from the Papermania Capsule collection - Boysenberry. I added a couple of eyelets so I could suspend the sign so that it was free-hanging. This is the final card . . .
Here's a close up of the bottom of the card so you can see the detail . . .
Well that's all for today.



No comments:
Post a Comment