Saturday, 6 July 2013

First monthly box

First some very exciting news ... last week my Tea Dance card featured in an earlier blog was picked as the winner in the monthly card makers challenge run by Jo Street at Craftwork Cards. My win netted me £20 worth of CWC goodies so I can't wait to see what I get.

Last week also saw the arrival of my first monthly box. CWC have launched a new idea which you can sign up to and get a goody box delivered each month. Each box contains 20 blank card and lots of other bits and pieces including papers, message bands and tags, flowers (my favourite), ribbons and candi. I haven't had much time as I've ended up working during the holiday as we try and recruit members of the public to train as safety stewards for the Commonweath Games. I did find time to make a couple of cards to share with you.

The first card is very me; butterflies and flowers! I love the foiled, pearlised papers and the white look great when you add fluid chalk on the edges.


I then made up the die cut flowers that came in the box as I find doing  that very therapeutic after a busy day on the phones but I haven't had chance to do anything with them. However I have been saving the leftover card from the die-cuts to use as templates but I decided to try something a bit different this time. 
I used it as a stencil and used fluid chalk to create the background on a white square card. I then used a punch and punched out the small flower in a piece of scrap card and used this to stencil some small flowers. Using the template again, I drew a large flower on to white pearlised paper and then inked it in the same fluid chalk to match the ones in the background. I then punched some medium sized flowers in a patterned paper and added candi in the centre. I added a message band and message from the kit and a few gems in the centre of the small flowers.


I was quite please with the result and would love to hear your comments.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty cards and I love the idea of using the waste as a stencil. Jane

    ReplyDelete