Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Spring - new papers and recycling

Here's hoping we've seen the last of the snow - well at least for the next fortnight whilst I'm off work! Thought I'd have a bit more time to make cards this week but I seem to have spent time catching up on all the chores. I did manage to download the new papers from the Docrafts Creativity Club and have made a birthday card for my good friend who has a major birthday later this month.
All the elements are from the Spring Blossom downloads apart from the table cloth which was from an earlier tartan download. I used the PC to resize the flowers for use on the sentiment and added a few gems to give it a bit of bling.

Yesterday was my wedding anniversary and to celebrate we walked across the Forth Road bridge and down to South Queensferry where we went for coffee and carrot cake. Obviously such an auspicious occasion called for a card ...
Tried for a more masculine feel by using the Gorjuss neutrals but added a ribbon/bow from the Forever Friends Black and Gold range. As you can see, we've been married a few years!

After watching the new episode of Creativity TV I went back to my Gorjuss 8 x 8 papers and incorporated some of the packaging in my design. As I was making the card I noticed some fabric samples that I'd got from M&S when I was ordering a new suite and also used one of these in the design. All the other papers are from the 8 x 8 paper pack. The buttons are from the Boofle bag. Here's the finished card . . . 
Off to St Andrew's to have a look around the university but hope to get back to the cards later in the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment